Voting

Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Engagement

On January 16, 2011, Terry proposed (with some help from Kate to cover my eyes) after dinner one evening at my home with my parents present. One of the many reasons I love this man is his keen sense of honoring others and including their feelings. He recognized that it would probably be very pleasing for my parents to witness such a happy moment for me. As hard as it was, my mom and dad have been so very non-intrusive and patient over the last couple of years. Their support came mostly in the form of prayer, even though they very much wanted to be closer to me physically to lend helping hands. And as much as they asked to be available to "help out," it was just not what I needed at the time. So through tears of joy...my mom's tears...I eagerly accepted. We set the date for May 14, 2011 at a quaint 'barn' for our family to attend.

No comments: