Terry & I enjoyed a week in the most southern point of USA, Key West, Flordia. And can I just say, we certainly did not feel like we were in the states. We took part in some jet skiing, snorkeling, sight-seeing and yummy cuisine. Although enjoyable, relaxing and fun, we can now say we have "been there - done that!" Upon our return to Amarillo, Jack and Kate had one more week of school and then we moved to Ransom Canyon. Ransom is a quaint community about 15 minutes from Lubbock. A beautiful, small lake set in a canyon with water front home as well as homes on the rim overlooking a spectacular view. Not what you expect in the flat land of the high plains.

Upon the arrival of August, I started a new job at Southcrest Baptist Church in Lubbock. A total blessing in God's perfect timing, of course. I work for the Senior Pastor and am surrounded by an outstanding group of people. I continue to stand amazed at how blessed we are. Besides the fact that I was able to stay home with Jack and Kate for the bulk of the summer, this adjustment of blending our families has been something beautiful!





No comments:
Post a Comment